Northcott Disability Services supports people with disabilities to reach their full potential by offering a range of quality services which promote a genuinely inclusive society. In all that it does, Northcott has adapted to the needs of its clients, encouraging inclusion and access to the community.
Established in 1929 as the NSW Society for Crippled Children, Northcott Disability Services was founded by the Rotary Club of Sydney in response to the growing number of children left with the effects of polio, tuberculosis and other diseases.
Today, Northcott Disability Services is one of the states' leading service providers for people with a broad range of disabilities, having grown from humble beginnings to support more than 8,000 children and adults with disabilities, their families and carers across NSW and the ACT. Some people with rare or lesser known disabilities find Northcott to be the only provider of appropriate support and services.
Northcott's purpose is on building an inclusive society, by supporting people with disabilities to develop their skills and achieve their goals.
As an independent not-for-profit organisation that receives some Government funding, Northcott relies on the generosity of individuals, organisations and community groups to continue to provide services to people with disabilities, particularly in programs where no government or limited support is available.
Northcott provides more than 80 services, including:
- Early intervention services for pre-school children offering individual therapy, early education and social work support, as well as early learning and parent support groups.
- Respite services that meet the needs of clients and families in metropolitan and regional areas of NSW.
- Recreation services that allow individuals and small groups to participate in many varied activities including outings to sporting events, theatres and restaurants.
- Accommodation services, including independent living programs, long-term supported accommodation services for people with high support needs and affordable, accessible accommodation for people with a physical disability.
- Equipment and technology, including wheelchair prescription and maintenance, seating and orthotics and communication devices.
Open employment for job seekers with disabilities.
- Individual and family support services through in-home and community support, assisting individuals and families to access generic and specialist community resources.
- Therapy services that enable children with disabilities to be as independent as possible in their environment.
Northcott Disability Services
Registered Office: 1 Fennell Street, North Parramatta NSW 2124
Postal Address: PO Box 4055, Parramatta NSW 2124
Telephone: (02) 9890 0100
ABN: 87 302 064 152
Website address: www.northcott.com.au